There are many people struggling with anxiety every day and it’s not an easy job. Controlling your anxiety can’t be done overnight but you can find ways to fight it to prevent it from interrupting your day to day life. Here are a few ways to help you deal with anxiety.
- Control your breathing. Breathe in slowly through your nose for about 5 seconds then hold it in for 3 seconds. Breathe out slowly through your mouth for about 7 seconds. Repeat it 10 times. It will prevent hyperventilation and maintain the proper carbon dioxide balance in your body that will reduce anxiety attacks.
- Talk to someone about it. Make sure it is a person you trust and like, even if you are doing it on the phone. Tell the person why you are feeling anxious and it will help you keep the symptoms at bay. Additionally, you can regain some confidence because you will have someone watching over you in the event of something actually going wrong.
- Try some aerobic activity to reduce the adrenaline present in your body. Through exercise you can burn stress hormones, tire your muscles, reduce tension or excess energy, release endorphins to improve your mood and works as a healthy distraction to reduce your anxiety symptoms.
- Find something that relaxes you and do it. Do you enjoy binge watching a TV show? Do it whenever you are feeling anxious. Do you love watching a few funny videos or pictures online to relax? You can do that too. Even better, you can take a warm bath with scented candles to keep both your body and mind calm. You can also try listening to good and positive music to help calm your body.
- Don’t be alone or secluded whenever you are feeling anxious because it will make everything worse. If you are an introvert who doesn’t do well in large groups of people, you can find somewhere to feel calm but not away from everyone. Keep in mind that sometimes anxiety attacks can get worse and you need someone to watch over you if it ends up being really bad.
In conclusion, anxiety is a very common problem with numerous triggers. Therefore, you need to find a good distraction whenever it happens to make sure it is not affecting your life. Whether listening to good music, taking a warm bath or talking to somebody about it, you can handle the symptoms effortlessly. Visit http://positivetranceformations.com.au/anxiety-panic-attacks/ for more information.